5 main reasons for pigmentation on your face
Excessive production of melanin can cause hyperpigmentation on the face, producing dark patches on the face, especially the cheekbone area. Although this is not a serious condition but it is a big cosmetic concern for people who develop it, especially women.
5 main reasons for the development of pigmentation are:
- Exposure to Sun: The UV rays in the sunlight stimulate melanin production in the skin, especially on the exposed areas leading to dark spots, freckles, and hyperpigmented patches on the skin.
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes in women especially during pregnancy and menopause trigger melanin production in the skin leading to pigmentation.
- Genetics: if you have a history of melasma or pigmentation in your family then you are also more prone to develop it.
- Certain medication: Medication such as birth control pills as a side effect can trigger melanin production and can lead to the development of hyperpigmented patches on the skin.
- Skin injury or trauma: Any sort of injury to the skin like scratching or acne or the use of any chemical on the face that irritates the skin can also trigger the skin cells to produce more melanin causing hyperpigmentation on the skin.
Pigmented patches on the face can take your confidence down and can be a big reason for people especially women to feel depressed. People go to any limit to get a spotless face that only increases their pigmentation and leaves them in more trouble.
Homeopathy is a system of medicine that helps in maintaining the normal functions of the body which is harmony of the body. Homeopathy can help in getting rid of pigmentation in the most gentle and permanent way.